My favourite time of year is here, but this year it's obviously quite different.
With the end of a month long lockdown close and the new tier restrictions beginning in a matter of days, it's fair to say Christmas is going to be unique this year.
With positive thoughts and grateful outlook that we can at least spend Christmas with some of our family, let's get festive and celebrate the most wonderful time of the year after one of the toughest years, starting with - the tree!
'Tree Day' (as we call it in our family) is always on the first weekend in December (just before or on my birthday on 7th) and we have always hand picked our tree from Digby Farm in North Luffenham since before I can even remember.
I often get asked 'where can you buy a real Christmas tree in Rutland?', 'do they deliver?', 'can I pick it?' etc.. So I thought I'd pop together a blog post of exactly that!
I've listed the places in and around Rutland where you can buy your Christmas tree this year and what to expect from each location while we shop within the restrictions in each tier/area.
1. Digby Farm, North Luffenham, LE15 8LF Located on the outskirts of North Luffenham, Digby Farm is where my festive season always begins. With an outdoor Christmas tree area with many varieties of fir and spruce, you can hand-select your tree before popping in the Christmas shop for a browse.
This year there are a few new things to note when attending the farm, with new COVID-19 measures in place with the government guidelines includingshopping online and local delivery as well as the following when visiting the farm:
• Keep a safe distance of 2 metres whilst at Digby Farm.
• There will be markers in the barn to help maintain social distancing.
• Queueing may be necessary at busy times.
• Racks will be spaced further apart this year to allow social distancing.
• Groups are limited to a maximum of 6 people. • Keep a safe distance of 2 metres whilst at Digby Farm. • There will be markers in the barn to help maintain social distancing. • Queueing may be necessary at busy times. • Racks will be spaced further apart this year to allow social distancing. • Groups are limited to a maximum of 6 people.
Whether it's decorations, gifts or Christmas trees - Welland Vale has it all.
You can shop online or visit the garden centre itself with festive displays, a snow machine and freshly cut (or potted!) Christmas trees from £19.99 to choose from, it's sure to get you in the festive spirit this year. Delivery (within 20 miles) is also available.
With freshly cut and potted trees from £19.99 and the Village Garden Store full of Christmas decorations, Rutland Garden Centre is a great place to #ShopLocal this festive season and why not pop to the other shops in the shopping village while you're there too! On the way, out select your Christmas tree (3ft-10ft trees available) and either take it with you there, click and collect or arrange local delivery.
Year on year, Gates offer the most incredible Christmas experience with their Winter Wonderland. With a few changes this including the cancellation of their 'Breakfast with Santa', fear not! Gates Christmas wonderland is still open and you can purchase your Christmas tree too! With 4ft-8ft Christmas trees from £21.99 in standard or premium cut, you can order online here (with local delivery) or select in-store.
Oakham All Saints Scout Group offering Christmas tree recycling for only £8.00 for addresses (LE15 & PE9) in Rutland. Simple place your tree recycling order online here and then your tree will be collected on Saturday 9th January and recycled for you. All profits raised will go directly to Oakham All Saints Scout Group.
If you know of any other local businesses or charities in Rutland selling real Christmas trees this year that you would like me to add to this blog post for FREE - Please email: email@example.com